Saturday, May 23, 2015

Rob Finishes

Remember our bike camping trip we took to "celebrate" our 10 year anniversary that we didn't finish because of bad weather? Well, Rob finished.

Yes the baby is due and yes I might go into labor while Rob is off pedaling. But we figured, why not? It was a whole week before the baby was due and I had never gone into labor early so I sent Rob off to finish our trip. Between pregnancy and breastfeeding I wasn't likely to finish in the next year or so and one of us needed to. So I dropped Rob off on the Virginia side of the Potomac river and he took a ferry across to the Maryland side.  Several hours later he showed up at our door in Herndon after biking 61 miles which included the C&O Canal Trail and then the W&OD trail from Washington DC home. He got lost a couple of times but enjoyed the trip immensely!

Congrat's Rob!
Rob on the ferry looking back towards the Virginia
Beautiful weather, trail and scenery
Great Falls National Park
Key Bridge in Washington D.C.
Plaque at beginning of trail
PS. No baby yet

No comments: