Friday, December 28, 2012

Jacqueline Mae Hinman Joins Our Family

I started having contractions about 2 o'clock in the morning on the 27th, but the contractions never got closer than 7 or 8 minutes apart and didn't become any stronger. But, they were consistent until six o'clock in the morning until I felt baby girl move up in my tummy and they almost completely stopped. Okay I thought, those were obviously braxton hick contractions, it's been a long night after partying it up with family the previous day and playing games that night, I'm going to bed to finally get some sleep. But that didn't happen because two minutes after lying down I felt another contraction, heard a pop and felt wetness. I turned over and said, "Um, Rob, I think my water just broke". We packed up Asher, dropped him off at my in-laws and headed to the hospital. On the way I called my dad and wished him "Happy Birthday" and asked him if he didn't mind sharing it with a granddaughter.

A nurse shift occurred toward the beginning of our labor stay and in walks the very same nurse, Barbara,  that delivered Asher. YEAH! I loved her last time and this time was no exception. We continued our previous conversations on religion, family, etc. and it almost seemed like we had only seen her a week or two before. She took very good care of us.  

Since I still wasn't having contractions more often than ever 15 to 20 minutes we decided to use Pitocin to speed things along. After two especially painful contractions I decided to start the epidural. Why I decided to wait, I don't know. In the future I am going to request them at the same time. The epidural didn't take the first time and after an especially painful 40 minutes (partially because I wasn't mentally ready for labor without drugs) the epidural started working and I was able to relax. Baby girl slowly worked her way down with each contraction and in the end it only took two pushes for her to join us.

Jacqueline was born a hungry, healthy, and beautiful baby girl at 7 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long. Presently she has blue eyes and an unknown hair color.


I should mention that I had struggled to come up with a name I felt comfortable with and ended up leaving the decision up to Rob, with the stipulation that I could "fire" any names I particularly disliked. In the hospital I asked Rob what we should name her and he decided on the name we had picked 7 year ago, Jacqueline Mae, after our grandmothers.

The Hinman clan were heading home the 28th and Mom, Dad and Jeff were able to stop by and see her a few hours after she was born and the next day Allie and Heidi were able to meet her. We were grateful she came before they all left for home.

Welcome Jacqueline!!! We are excited to be your parents and welcome your into our little family.

Now a family of four!


No comments: