Asher had his first immunization shots :(. He cried during the shots and then quieted down immediately afterwards. A couple of hours later he started running a slight fever and I gave him infant tylenol, which was kindly given to me at his baby shower. His happy and content disposition is now returning, but for the last week he has needed to see me practically all the time to feel safe. This was a little frustrating for Rob since there was little he could do to comfort him. Why do we give these shots to our children at such a young age?
On a more happy and surprising note, we found out his statistics comparative to other children his age.
Head Circumfrance: 50th percentile
Weight: 85th percentile at 12 pounds 13 ounces
Height:.... above the 95th percentile at 24.75 inches!
Needless to say, he is about to outgrow his 3 month clothes and we are of the opinion he is going to be as tall as his dad.
2 comments:
That's awesome that he's growing so well! When I was born, my head size was in the 95th percentile and my weight and height were in the 5th percentile. I'm glad Asher is not as mis-proportioned as me. :)
--Mindy
P.S. This is really Ricky but I wanted you to think, even if only for a moment, that Mindy had a big head at one point in her life. :)
It's so fun to get those statistics and see where your baby is at compared to other babies.
I find it helpful to give Amelia her tylenol dose BEFORE her appointment. That way she's already got some of the medicine going in her. Even if it's just 10 minutes before her shots, it seems to help. She's never run a fever with any of her shots.
But the crying, I'm afraid, gets worse and worse the older they get. :( So sad.,
Post a Comment