Friday, September 24, 2010

A Four Hour Scare, Picture Update, and Less Than 1 Week Thoughts

A Four Hour Scare
At Tuesday's OBGYN appointment I asked the doctor if she could estimate how large Asher is. Upon doing so she estimated his weight to be around 5 pounds 3 ounces, or 3 weeks behind developmentally. Another reason for the small measurement could have been that there was not enough fluid in the placenta. Needless to say we were a bit worried. Thoughts about an emergency cesarean delivery that day and Asher not being healthy kept coming to mind. Fortunately, four hours later the ultrasound showed that he is actually in the normal range for 38 weeks and there is enough fluid to support him.

A benefit to the scare was that we were able to see Asher again, hence the picture of his super-cute foot below. Rob made me laugh during the ultrasound when he said, "Look Crystal, he has your femurs".



Picture Update

Less Than One Week Thoughts
Honestly I am not tired of the pregnancy yet (except the feet and ankle swelling), but am VERY anxious to meet our little boy. Rob's also anxious to meet Asher; he says it's hard to wait for his birth since you aren't really sure what hour, day or even week it's going to happen. As one friend put it, it's like the anticipation you feel on Christmas Eve, but without knowing when Christmas is going to occur.

On another note, my sewing machine (which I have had for 14 years and used and abused heavily) has officially died. I had been choosing to work on sewing projects the past couple of weeks instead of homework and felt strongly Monday night that if I tried to sew on Tuesday instead of working on school it would die, which is exactly what happened. Rob promised me a new sewing machine when I graduate in December (such a long time away!). Now I am going to have to borrow a sewing machine to finish the diaper bag and Halloween costume I was making for Asher. I have made a lot of progress on my last accounting class this week, hopefully enough that there will not be much to make up once Asher comes and slightly changes our lives.

We look forward to meeting you soon Asher! Your room is ready and waiting. (Pictures of that to come later)

6 comments:

Shauna Leavitt said...

Time to come get my machine! You can totally borrow it - even though it's really old, but it works great!

Christy said...

Glad everything is okay! Stock up on sleep--if you can.

Patti said...

We can't wait to see him! Will you send me your address?

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

I can't wait to get that phone call!! You look amazing, Crystal. I am missing you like crazy. Rob, too. hehehehe.

Katie said...

Too fun! I'm glad he's doing well. I understand the excitement! It could happen any time! Amelia was born at 39 weeks exactly! I'm excited for you and you look beautiful!

The Sorensons said...

I`m excited to see pictures of your little guy now! I´m glad baby Asher is healthy and that was only a very short scare. Good luck with everything!!!