Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our first Cub Scout crosses over to Boy Scouts!

      February 28th Rob finished up the bridge he had been making (with help from friend Jude) for the Cub Scout cross-over ceremony for one of our boys, James, to Boy Scouts. When performing the actual ceremony the Spirit was very strong in the room, which was a surprise to both Rob and I as neither of us had been expecting it.
      The Cub Scout and Boy Scout programs are truly helping these boys develop into good men and I am grateful for the opportunity Rob and I have to help with this process. A side benfit is that we get to have a whole lot of fun and people don't consider us to be too wierd if we spend time making volcanoes and doing other "kid" things!
      If you can't tell from the pictures, each plank has one of the Scout Law values listed on it (trustworthy, helpful, friendly, loyal, etc.) and James is placing them on the supporting girders of duty to country, others and self, in his effort to reach adulthood and build on a firm foundation.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job you guys!! Jeff and I liked being cub scout leaders. They are at such a fun age. Rob looks very dashing in his cub scout uniform. :)

lizlarry.anderson said...

You guys are so cool and filled with the spirit - of course it was there during the ceremony! You're a great blessing to your scouts.

Becky said...

The bridge looks good! nice job.